Good Practice Recommendations for Environmental Impact Assessment and Public Participation in the Arctic
The objectives of the project are:
- To ensure that environmental considerations specific to the Arctic including social and health aspects, are explicitly addressed and incorporated into the planning, design and decision making of large-scale economic projects.
- To identify existing good practices through sharing and learning with the aim of developing good practice recommendations for EIA in the Arctic.
- To promote meaningful practices of public participation, especially the participation of indigenous peoples, and the integration of traditional and local knowledge in EIA within the Arctic.
- To build a viable network of Arctic EIA actors.
This project is a flagship initiative of the Finnish Chairmanship (2017-2019).
We are seeking the feedback of experts to a questionnaire geared at informing the recommendations for this project. If you prefer to have a telephone interview, please contact: email@example.com. The questionnaire can be answered online at: https://www.lyyti.fi/questions/241697814d.
Preliminary questionnaire results have been compiled in the following documents:
- Project Two Pager: Arctic_EIA_Presentation.pdf
- Find out more about GCI is participating by downloading the following presentation: 2017-06-13 GCI_Presentation_AIE Workshop_Rovaniemi.pdf